Sunday, February 24, 2013

This is a post about... Hey! Look at that!

The distraction squirrels have attacked.

You know how people get plot bunnies? Well, I also have distraction squirrels. They steal my attention and dash off and bury it somewhere in the yard.

Here's what's distracting me lately...

Pinterest.


Sister Wives. I found it on Netflix, and I've been marathoning.



Twitterrrrrrrrrrrr.


Now that I'm pretty much done fiddling with DETECT ME, I feel like I'm allowed a bit of a lull before I really build up to working on the next project (which I'm really excited about, by the way. It's going to be awesome). But soon enough that niggling in the back of my head is going to kick into high gear and I'm going to have to push all this stuff aside to focus on the next book... which we'll call PM for now. Any guesses as to what it stands for? :)



6 comments:

  1. I'm still distracting myself with games, though I've sworn to finish a writing project in between finishing the first game of the trilogy and buying/playing #2. So far, I've resisted the lure of Pintrest, but I don't know how long that's going to last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, what game?

      Yeah, Pinterest is quite the time-suck. It's pretty cool making inspiration boards for writing projects, but that quickly morphs into OOH LOOK PRETTY!

      Delete
  2. This is exactly my problem, but not with Pinterest. I couldn't get the whole concept of Pinterest. I can't turn off this strong desire to look at food. I love the Food Network. I love Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch Man v. Food from time to time. It's like a trainwreck, so hard to look away!

      Delete
  3. Pinterest is the worst thing that has ever happened to my thesis.

    -BB

    ReplyDelete