Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sale! And also a wedding

Once upon a time, I watched Sex in the City. There's a few quotes I still remember from it, and this is one that happens in the episode leading up to Charlotte's first wedding (SPOILER...?)


Charlotte: "Carrie, you're right, you have to tell him. But not before the wedding! It's supposed to be my week."
Miranda: "It's your day. You get a day. Not a week."

Well, to hell with the rules! It's my wedding week (okay, "wedding" is a strong word), and in celebration I'm putting PROTECT ME on sale this week for 99 pennies. Because yay romance! Sometimes it leads to a giant celebration of your love. Or a courthouse, in my case :D


My friends are the coolest and threw me a surprise bachelorette party on Friday night. As seems to be the norm for me, it wasn't exactly a typical bachelorette party... A couple of my close friends are Hindu and Muslim so they don't drink, and my BFF apparently sent out an email that contained only the content "NO PLASTIC PENISES ALLOWED". So basically we hung out and stuffed ourselves with food and talked until somebody realized that holy crap, it was super super late.

Anyway, at this bachelorette party I received a gift that I'm now being peer-pressured into filling out! Just for funsies, I thought I'd include a few pictures for you. (Just for the record, although I'm not having one, I have nothing against big weddings. I've been in a bunch and attended a bunch more; they're lots of fun. But I crowdsourced my wedding dress on my blog after forgetting to order one until a month before. Me trying to plan a wedding would be a howling vortex of fail.)

This is 100% true; I asked people on Twitter
where they'd look for white dresses.

NO, REALLY

You can tell by the shift in handwriting that B decided
to get involved.

2 comments:

  1. Of course you get a week. ^_^ That sounds like the kind of bachelorette party I want to have. Just handing out and having fun until we're all tired. ^_^ That questionaire looks like a lot of fun. But then again I like filling stuff out...

    Happy Wedding Week! ^_^

    (Charlotte's first husband was extra weird.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      Yeah, Charlotte's first husband was the most inconsistently written mess ever.

      Delete